I’ve recently fallen in love with slow tv. I would put an 8 hour train ride on the TV and play music while I tasked around the house all day. I decided to make my own slow tv dj set video.
1. Junior Boys – FM (Tensnake Remix)
2. Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs – Waulking Song
3. Lindstrøm & Todd Terje – Lanzarote
4. Todd Terje – Delorean Dynamite (Disco Mix)
5. Paradis – Hémisphère
6. Sébastien Tellier – Divine (Danger Remix)
7. Data – Money
I was lucky enough to have enough extra footage on my hard drive because I never planned for this audio to end up with this video. Any syncing you catch in the video above is total coincidence. Next time when I capture video, it will be made specifically for the DJ set I record.
Here is the process:
1. Mix a set (capture audio)
2. Drive to the music (capture video)
3. Marry them and upload to Youtube
Here is the very first video I made when I got the idea. I took a lap around Modjeska Canyon with my Mini Coupe S and synced my dash-cam footage to “Tick of the Clock” by The Chromatics. Edited down a bit to sync, somewhat, with the video. The concept was there, but it was feeling stale without the roar of the engine, and little details like the wind being left out of the sound track. So I experimented with microphones near the exhaust and inside the engine compartment for the new video.. I think it could use even more of that!